Tuesday 29 July 2008

University Thoughts

    Well, a few thoughts have changed within the past 20 days or so. As of October this year i will be living in Brighton. A recent change in heart had me ask (beg) Sussex to consider allowing me to start studying there this fall. It surprisingly didn't take much begging at all, and i will be starting this year. So now i'm stuck with this massively cheesy smile plastered across my face. 
  My original idea was to take as much time as possible away from school, and anything remotely educational. In fact i was adamant a gap year was my only option for 'happiness'. But now i realise all i want to do is learn. I've been finding myself trying to research everything that pops into my small mind, probably none of it of any use to me at all. But the useless knowledge seems to bring a certain comfort. That comfort is probably also the reason for the semi-formal writing style i've involuntarily adopted for these posts. How is it that school still rules my life even though i've happily escaped it?
  On another note starting this year allows me to get out of the house, and allows me to put off getting a job.  And of course the best part is how excited jimmy is about the change. Almost more than i am. Possible? Roll on October. Again, life could not be radder if it tried

No comments: